Women’s Sports And Swimwear Industry Overview
The global women’s sports and swimwear market size was valued at USD 132.48 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.0% from 2022 to 2028.
This growth can be attributed to the factors such as the increasing number of sports participants, rising per capita income, and purchasing power. Additionally, the increasing number of global as well as regional competitions are contributing to the growth of this market. Moreover, apparel manufacturers are adopting automatic machines to increase production and at the same time trying to reduce the cost associated with it. Apparel manufacturers are focusing on increasing their customer base by reaching them in different ways such as through e-commerce platforms and offering discount schemes.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Women’s Sports And Swimwear Market
During the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown situation, governments of various countries restricted or citizens prefer to stay at home as a precautionary measure. Various global, regional, and country-level sports events were canceled across the world. Moreover, sports training centers and public grounds were closed. Due to this, the market experienced a shortfall in the sales of apparel due to restricted production, disturbed supply chains, and reduced demand. Considering this short slack in market revenue, it is expected that the sector will soon witness healthy growth in the upcoming years.
The women’s sports & swimwear are used while playing & swimming and are made from various type of fabrics such as cotton, polyester, cellulosic, and nylon. Considering comfort and styles, sports & swimwear are available in different sleeve lengths, necklines, colors, fibers, and designs. These products are used to wear while playing multiple sports such as football, cricket, tennis, and many more.
The rise in the growth of swimming clubs and pools and other associated activities coupled with increasing demand for luxury swimwear is expected to drive the market. Moreover, activewear or sportswear provides movement flexibility and is comfortable, which is increasing their adoption thus boosting the market growth over the forecast period. Furthermore, various benefits associated with sports & swimwear such as static resistance, thermal resistance, quick-drying, and others are increasing its usage among the consumers and hence driving the market expansion.
The increasing awareness of consumers towards sportswear and swimwear with the changing trends of fashion is fueling the market growth. In addition, the internet is acting as a key influencer among the global young population. The usage of social networking sites and e-commerce is increasing among the young population due to which sportswear and swimwear are gaining popularity among them and thus propelling the market growth.
Advancement of technology for the manufacturing of sports & swimwear along with product innovation is highly occurring. Moreover, manufacturers are constantly trying to add value-added features to their products and make them more comfortable which is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the coming years. They are also adopting various promotional activities such as campaigns, advertisements, and others in order to generate brand awareness among the users which is expected to contribute to the expansion. However, a high-cost requirement for raw materials and the high cost of designing the products is expected to restrain the market. Furthermore, the availability of products at low cost by local brands is further anticipated to hinder the market growth over the forecast period.
Browse through Grand View Research's Clothing, Footwear & Accessories Industry Research Reports.
- Sportswear Market – The global sportswear market size to be valued at USD 479.63 billion by 2025 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4% during the forecast period. Increasing awareness about lading a healthy lifestyle and about the health benefits of fitness activities, such as swimming, yoga, running, and aerobics are expected to drive the market.
- Swimwear Market – The global swimwear market size was valued at USD 18.9 billion in 2018. Swimwear is widely used by people involved in water-based activities, such as swimming and bathing. It protects the wearer from chlorinated water in swimming pools and sea water, which contains salts that can cause skin rashes. Increasing rate of population across the globe and product innovation to fulfill the need for a special type of clothing for water sports and poolside or beachside vacations are driving the market.
Women’s Sports And Swimwear Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global women’s sports and swimwear market based on fiber, distribution channel, and region:
Fiber Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- June 2021: Adidas launched Full Coverage Swimwear for Women named "Beyond the Surface" which is the company's first. This swimwear collection was launched due to cultural reasons as well as for those who demanded the need for swimwear with full coverage.
- April 2021: Nike launched a sustainable swimwear collection named " Icon Collection" which is made with more than 85% of sustainable trims and fabrics.
- February 2017: Adidas formed a partnership with Parley and launched a swimwear range manufactured from recycled plastics obtained from the ocean.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global women’s sports and swimwear market include
- Nike, Inc.
- Adidas AG
- Puma SE
- Under Armour, Inc.
- New Balance, Inc.
- Lululemon Athletica, Inc.
- Columbia Sportswear Company
- Asics Corporation
- Fila Korea Corporation
- Adidas AG
Order a free sample PDF of the Women’s Sports And Swimwear Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519