QuickBooks error PS036 is a payroll error that generally strikes when a user tries to install a payroll update. It usually happens when QuickBooks can’t verify QuickBooks payroll subscription. The error code PS036 appears on the screen along with a message, “There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription.” Inactive QuickBooks payroll subscription, unsupported QuickBooks version, and incorrect service key are the major causes of the error. Another reason could be damaged data, incorrect PSID, and EIN. This advisory blog is all about guiding users on QuickBooks payroll error PS036, so stay connected until the end.
If you are troubled because of QuickBooks error PS036 and searching for immediate assistance to fix it, reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team by giving a call on the customer service number +1-855-856-0042.
Main causes of QuickBooks payroll error PS036
Given below are several factors that lead to payroll error PS036:
1. Using an outdated and unsupported version of QuickBooks.
2. Having multiple payroll agreements with inactive direct deposit agreements.
3. Damaged QuickBooks data and incorrect service key.
4. Invalid Employer Identification Number (EIN).
5. Incorrect PSID in the QuickBooks company file.
Quick fixes for the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
Methods to Rectify QuickBooks payroll update error PS036
Implement the troubleshooting methods given below to resolve the error permanently:
Method 1. Download QuickBooks Desktop release
1. Close company files, quit QuickBooks Desktop, and select the Windows Start menu.
2. Scroll the list of applications, right-click QuickBooks and choose the Run as administrator option.
3. Go to the No Company Open screen, click the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
4. Choose the Options menu, then Mark All and click the Save button.
5. Select the Update Now tab, click on the Reset Update checkbox and choose Get Updates.
6. Complete the update, open QuickBooks Desktop, and install the update.
7. Click Get Updates, download the update and reopen QuickBooks.
Method 2. Delete the Entitlement file from the QuickBooks Desktop folder
1. Click the Windows Start menu, type Run in the Windows search field and open Run.
2. Go to C:\ProgramDate\Intuit\EntitlementClient\V8, tap the Enter key and search for EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
3. Right-click the file, click Delete and then Yes to confirm.
4. Start QuickBooks Desktop, follow the instructions given on the screen and click Yes.
You can also see: QuickBooks Error 1328
Method 3. Check payroll subscription in QuickBooks
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop and sign in to the QuickBooks payroll service account.
2. Choose the Employees menu, select My Payroll Services and choose Account Billing Information.
3. Once you are logged in to Payroll Account Management Portal and move to the Payroll Details section.
4. Make sure EIN is correct, then click Edit next to Payroll Admin and make changes to it.
5. Click Update, close the window and restart your workstation.
You may also want to read: QuickBooks Error 6144 82
It’s time to end our blog on QuickBooks error PS036. We hope the troubleshooting procedure discussed above helps you eliminate the issue. If you are confused or need assistance with the same, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.