Warning; This company file needs to be updated. Please ask your QuickBooks Administrator to update the file. The warning demonstrates that the users need to update the company file. QuickBooks won’t work If the company file has not been updated. But you need to take care of a few factors before updating the company file, and also, the correct steps must be followed if you want to avoid further technical issues.
If you need any expert guidance on such complicated technological issues, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts at ‘1-855-856-0042’
Prerequisites before updating the QuickBooks company file
As mentioned, you must take care of a few things before proceeding with the update. Given below is an elaborated list of those things.
- The QuickBooks you are using must have administrator rights to update the company file.
- If the company file has been stored and some other computer or network or workstation, then please move it to the local servers.
- Once the update process has been started, all the other operations will be halted till then.
- For a safer side, create a backup of your company file.
- If you haven’t updated the QuickBooks software, you must first do that.
- In the case of QuickBooks desktop enterprise, you cannot convert the company file to two different versions of QuickBooks, such as QuickBooks pro and premier.
Once you are done with ensuring these aspects, you can now move to the update process.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks error PS036
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop Company File
We have already mentioned that you must be logged in as an admin user if you want to update the company file. Follow the instructions below for the upgradation process.
- Launch the ‘QuickBooks software and click on the ‘file’ tab under which you’ve to tap on ‘open or restore company file.’
- Then select either of the options vi, viz. ‘Open a company file’ or ‘restore a backup copy.’
- Additionally, the ‘local backup’ option can be selected if you want a backup of the company file stored in the local storage.
- Navigate the Company file and open it.
- After doing so, you’ll be prompted with a dialogue box asking you for admin credentials.
- Enter them precisely and log in to the company file.
- Again, you’ll see a message saying, “QuickBooks Needs to Update your Company File,” after which you need to click Update Now.
- A backup of the company file will automatically be created before the update begins.
- Also, you can change the location of the backup company file by clicking on ‘change this default location.’
- Tap on ‘done’ and save the changes.
Also read: QuickBooks error 6123
Still, receiving ‘this company file needs to be updated’ text? Then there may be additional causes or glitches, which you must consider eliminating instantly. For that purpose and for more technical support, contact the QuickBooks professionals at ‘1-855-856-0042’ and receive the best troubleshooting services straight from the industry experts.
You may also like: Crack QuickBooks Password