When there are technical issues establishing an internet connection, the QuickBooks error 12007 arises. This might happen because of numerous reasons like incorrect QuickBooks settings, improper internet connection, etc. The QuickBooks update error 12007 is easy to fix and if you are encountering the error, keep reading this article to know how to fix it. We are going to provide you with reasons and solutions for fixing this error code in detail.
If you are unable to troubleshoot the error on your own and need help with the same, reach out to us at +1-855-856-0042 for technical assistance in fixing the error.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Message 12007
You might be experiencing QuickBooks error 12007 due to the following reasons –
• Your internet is unable to establish a stable connection with QuickBooks.
• Windows firewall or anti-virus program is preventing QuickBooks from installing the updates.
• You have not set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
• QuickBooks is not correctly installed on your PC.
A short guide to fix your QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working
Fixing the Error Code 12007 Unable to Connect to the Internet
The QuickBooks error message 12007 can be resolved by following the steps given below –
Step 1 – Fix Issues with Your Internet Explorer
Try to fix the internet issues causing the QuickBooks error 12007.
1. Open the run window by pressing Windows + R and type sfc/scannow.
2. Finish the File Checker process by following the instructions appearing on your screen.
3. Repair the files and then restart your system.
Step 2 – Include QuickBooks in the Windows Firewall Exclusion List
To get rid of any firewall obstruction leading to the QuickBooks update error 12007, include QuickBooks and its domains in the firewall exclusion list.
1. Access the Control Panel and open Windows Firewall to go to the System and Security tab.
2. Select Allow a Program Through Windows Firewall and check-mark the QuickBooks option.
3. Once done, see if the error code 12007 is resolved.
Step 3 – Modify Your Default Browser Settings
Set Internet Explorer as your default browser by modifying the settings –
1. Open Internet Explorer on your Desktop and find the Gear icon.
2. Select Internet Options and go to the Programs tab to select the Make Default option.
3. Set Internet Explorer as the default browser and press Apply > OK to save the changes.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 1723
Step 4 – Install the Recent Updates in QuickBooks
Change the QuickBooks update settings and update the QuickBooks application to fix the QuickBooks error 12007.
1. Open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu to select Update.
2. From the Update QuickBooks window, select Update Now and tick-mark the Reset Update checkbox.
3. Click on Get Updates and re-open the QuickBooks application.
Step 5 – Utilize the Clean Installation Utility
Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix minor issues and bugs causing the QuickBooks error code 12007.
Use the steps provided above to fix the QuickBooks error 12007 quickly. If the error is not resolved even after performing the steps, reach out to us at +1-855-856-0042 to get technical assistance in fixing the error.
A short guide recommended to fix QuickBooks Error 15106