Have you recently updated QuickBooks and your application is not opening post the update? The QuickBooks won’t open issues are annoying and the users get worried as to how to operate the updated software when it isn’t opening. We are here to help everyone facing the issue wherein their QuickBooks won’t open after update. In this article, we are going to provide you with the possible causes and solutions to solve this QuickBooks issue effectively.
You can contact our technical team at +1 800-579-9430 for immediate support in case you are not able to resolve the issue on your own.
A Few Reasons Why This Might be Happening
Following are some possible reasons for the QuickBooks will not open issue –
- The QuickBooks update was not successful.
- File you are accessing is open on another PC.
- The file is not valid or contains special characters.
- The file is damaged or corrupted.
Read more :- QuickBooks unrecoverable error
What to Do if Your QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start
The following troubleshooting steps will help you in fixing the issue –
Step 1 – Restart your Desktop
A very basic troubleshooting step but restarting your computer can help refresh the system and fix any issues within it. If you still cannot open QuickBooks, try the next step.
Step 2 – Re-install QuickBooks
It might be possible that the recent update was unsuccessful or some glitch happened. Try reinstalling your QB version to fix this issue. For this, use the Clean Install Tool.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub and select Installation issues.
- Select Clean Install and select your QB version. Press OK and run the tool.
- After the clean installation is done, download the exe file and install it.
Step 3 – Repair QuickBooks by Using the File Doctor Tool
For this, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to Company File Issues to run the Quick Fix my File and the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This will repair your QuickBooks application and resolve the QuickBooks not opening error.
Step 4 – Open QuickBooks by Suppressing it
If your company file is damaged, suppressing QuickBooks might fix the problem.
- Press the Ctrl key and double-click the QB
- Hold the Ctrl key till the No Company Open window displays on the screen.
- Now, select Open and try accessing the company file.
Step 5 – Re-register QuickBooks
Firstly, check if QuickBooks is registered by pressing F2. If you can see a license number it means your QuickBooks is already registered. If it’s not registered, follow the steps below to register it –
- Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select Activate QuickBooks.
- Validate your details by providing the required information and finish the activation process.
- Once done, try accessing the QuickBooks application and see if it is working or not.
The above-given simple steps will help to fix the issue easily. If the issue still exists, you might need to perform advanced troubleshooting. If you need the help of a professional in fixing the QuickBooks won’t open after update issue, you can reach out to our expert team at +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :-