Customers using QuickBooks Desktop have indeed begun complaining that the program is not functioning properly since the latest Windows X (Windows Ten) Updates were installed to their Computer. It seems that the earliest announcement of this could have occurred about the 26th of August. However, it has become more apparent with increasing regularity and severity since the beginning of September.
QuickBooks is considered to be one of the top accounting programs, but one of the main drawbacks of the software is its vulnerability to certain errors. One of these is that QuickBooks will not open in error after a Windows updates. It is possible to have a situation that the QuickBooks desktop does not start for two or three minutes after it has been in an normal state. This kind of issue is usually caused by technical issues. The majority of the time, it happens when you are doing an errand using the application. It is usually a requirement for clients when they refresh it to the most current version of QuickBooks because it comes with the high-level highlights and tools. In this article we will look at how to fix the QuickBooks crash after installing Windows Update error including the root causes and solutions for the issue.
Related article to read — QuickBooks Error 50004
Why QuickBooks Crashes After Installing Windows Update?
Every now and then it happens that when the client tries to launch the program and a message appears on the screen that reads ” QuickBooks Crashes After Installing Windows Update ” or, once at a time, the error does not show up and the framework is frozen in the process. This issue is also observed when the user is trying to access the file for company. In addition, various related issues with company files are also visible particularly the QuickBooks error code 1603 error code, error code 1935 and error code 1402. There are a variety of possible causes for this error that will be explored in the next post together with solutions to fix it. Therefore, continue to read for more information.
Related article == QuickBooks Error 350
The reason for this error
As we mentioned previously there are a variety of factors that can trigger an error. specifically:
- Long company name file name for example , it could go as long as is possible
- On the other hand, an the hard drive that is adulterated could be an additional issue.
- The client may end into a situation like this when it is installed with the program isn’t a good fit.
- On the other hand, in the event that you find that the QBWUSER.INI file is missing or damaged, the error might be displayed.
- Another reason for QuickBooks cannot open following an updating is the outdated operating system.
Signs that QuickBooks will not open or won’t show an error
Differentiating the QuickBooks isn’t starting error can be simple with the below-referenced indicators and signs
- QuickBooks desktop freezes during the run of similar programs
- Perhaps the client may be running an older version of QuickBooks
- In the event there is a chance that system freezing periodically,
- Another indicator is if you have a QuickBooks company file that fails to open. QuickBooks company file fails to open
- Then, the PC responds slowly to inputs from the mouse and keyboard.
How to Fix QuickBooks Doesn’t Open or Stops Working Problem on Windows 10 (Dell/HP/Lenovo/Asus/Acer)?
Here are a few ways or techniques to fix this error–
Solution 1: Restart the Computer
- In the majority of cases it is a simple restart of the system that will fix the issue.
- Click on the Restart option from the Windows Start menu
- You’ll get rid the present state of the QuickBooks software
- Open the QuickBooks application after restarting the computer.
Solution 2: Add Exceptions to Antivirus, Firewall/Disable Windows Firewall, & Multiple Antivirus
If you’re having problems with QB stacking or launch It could be due to an security or antivirus software that does not permit QB QuickBooks program to stack. This is because of the fact that this software perceives QuickBooks files as potentially harmful and destructive. This is why the system prevents the QB files from running.
- You can also add exceptions to QuickBooks. QuickBooks application.
- You can contact your personal Antivirus Company on the off occasion that you require help when you want to add an exemption to your QuickBooks software.
The majority of the time Antivirus can cause QuickBooks keeps crashing. QuickBooks software to freeze/crash, therefore, in the event that you have a different security on your PC, disable all antivirus, excluding one, or attempt switching to a different antivirus in case the antivirus program you are using is causing the issue. If this doesn’t work, try removing your Antivirus software, try opening the QuickBooks
Solution 3: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
Another option is to rename or delete or erase the QBWUSER.INI file, since it assists in eliminating all data saved in the list of files that have been opened recently. The methods included are:
- The first step is to hit the Windows + E keys. Windows + E keys.
- Following that, click the organization tab at the left side, press search and folder options.
- The next step is pressing the on the view tab.
- Additionally, go to advanced settings tab, select hidden files and folders select the option to show hidden folders and files option and then click OK.
- Then, go to your computer C drive >Documents [your usernameLocal settings Application data >> QuickBooks >> QuickBooks
- It is the next thing to do: right-click the QBWUSER.INI file and then press the delete and rename
We believe that this scientific answer will assist you to grasp this issue more clearly. It is possible that there are a few muddled topics or issues. If this is the case it is easy to reach our QuickBooks certified QuickBooks assistance Quick4Support team.
Related article — QuickBooks restore failed
You can also contact If you are Looking For a Certified Accounting services for small business