Marcus Rashford will not leave Manchester United this summer despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain, sources have told ESPN.
United have issued a hand-off warning after it emerged Rashford’s representatives met PSG chiefs in Paris last week to discuss a potential move.The French side are looking to sign a forward before the close of the transfer window and have made Rashford one of their top targets. But sources have told ESPN that United have no intention of entering negotiations or entertaining bids.
The 24-year-old has a year left on his contract at Old Trafford, plus the option of another season, meaning United can keep him at the club until 2024.
Sources have told ESPN United are keen to agree a new contract with the England striker.
Erik ten Hag later confirmed at his Friday news conference that he doesn’t want to lose Rashford.
“He’s really important. You have seen from the first day I’m here, I’m really happy with him, I don’t want to lose him. He’s definitely in our plans at Manchester United,” he said.
Rashford and his representatives, according to sources, have been aware of interest from PSG dating back to when Mauricio Pochettino took over as manager in January 2021. PSG have indicated they would be willing to hand Rashford a significant pay rise but there has been no contact with United over a potential fee.
Sources have told ESPN the Ligue 1 champions value Rashford at around £60 million while United’s valuation is likely to be more than double that, and in excess of £120m.
Rashford has been central to Ten Hag’s plans throughout the summer and started the 2-1 defeat to Brighton on the opening weekend of the season.
Ten Hag is looking to bolster his forward line before the transfer deadline and is keen to land a versatile winger and a back-up striker.
LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester United closer to deal with Juventus over Adrien Rabiot
The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Rabiot, Man Utd near deal
Manchester United have reached a full agreement with Juventus for a transfer that would see Adrien Rabiot join them for €17 million, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Red Devils director John Murtough now has a meeting scheduled with the midfielder’s mother and agent, Veronique Rabiot, in order to agree terms for the France international.
It is stated by Romano that the upcoming days will be key for the negotiations if Rabiot is to move to Old Trafford now that United are meeting his camp, which is set to happen on Friday.
Sources had previously told ESPN that United had interest in Rabiot, as well as in Bologna forward Marko Arnautovic.
But while talks over Arnautovic fell away quickly, it seems as though the Red Devils are now closer to bringing in Rabiot.
This comes at a time in which Erik ten Hag’s midfield options — especially Scott McTominay and Fred — have come under intense criticism following United’s 2-1 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion as they opened their Premier League campaign.
If Rabiot does join, he will become United’s fourth signing after Lisandro Martinez, Christian Eriksen and Tyrell Malacia.
Rabiot made 45 appearances for Juventus in all competitions last season with six of those coming off the bench, recording two assists.
17.31 BST: With Paris Saint-Germain showing interest in Fabian Ruiz, Napoli have lowered their demands from €28m to €25m with bonuses included, reports Foot Mercato.
Any Napoli move for Keylor Navas is not officially linked, but the Serie A side are now expecting PSG to compromise when it comes to the Costa Rican and support half of his wages during a loan.
16.59 BST: Manchester City are not counting on Barcelona being able to come up with a financial package that would allow the Spanish giants to sign Bernardo Silva, sources have told ESPN.
Barcelona are keen on the Portugal midfielder, but sources tell ESPN that City will only consider a deal if Barcelona can clear a £80m offer, and the Premier League champions are given time to find a suitable replacement.
Get the full scoop in this week’s ESPN Insider Notebook.
16.20 BST: Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta hopes former striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will receive a warm welcome to London if he joins Premier League rivals Chelsea from Spanish LaLiga club Barcelona.
ESPN have reported that Aubameyang is one of Chelsea’s targets before the transfer window ends, just a few months after his acrimonious exit from Arsenal. Read what Arteta had to say on Friday here.
15.29 BST: Sergino Dest plans to stay at Barcelona this summer despite reports linking him with Manchester United, the player’s agent has told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.
Diario SPORT reported on Friday that Barca are in talks with United over a €20m deal for the United States right-back, who has also been linked with Bayern Munich and Chelsea in the past.
However, while sources have told ESPN Barca are open to offers for a large part of their squad, including Dest, he remains committed to fighting for a place in Xavi Hernandez’s side.
Dest’s agent Joes Blakborn told ESPN he did not want to react to specific reports, but that “despite interest from other clubs, [Dest] will be a part of Barcelona’s future this season.”
Barca coach Xavi told Dest earlier in the summer that he featured in his plans for the upcoming campaign, but the club’s financial situation has forced them to reconsider the defender’s future.