QuickBooks is an innovative and advanced accounting application that fulfils different requirements of the companies. It is the most popular accounting software in the world at the present time.
The QuickBooks Error 6010 is confronted by users when they try to open the company file. This error is mostly triggered when the company file is located on another system instead of the server computer. Users often get confused and annoyed due to this troublesome error.
If you want to know the most effective solutions for this irritating error, continue to read this blog till the end.
Do you want to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 6010 in the easiest way? You can contact our QB Experts Team by dialling +1-855-856-0042.
What are the main factors responsible for the QB Error Message 6010?
Some of the relevant causes for the QB Error Message 6010 are as follows:
- As explained in the introduction, this error can occur if the company file is saved on a system that is not a server computer.
- If the .ND and .TLG files saved in the QB directory are damaged, you may face hindrances in accessing the company file.
- The firewall program and antivirus software on your system can mistakenly perceive the QB application as a danger to computer security. This can create difficulty for you in accessing the company file.
Most Relevant Troubleshooting Techniques for rectifying the QB Error Code 6010
Here’re the most relevant and practical techniques to get rid of the QB Error Code 6010:
Technique 1: Rectify this error by allotting a new name to the .ND and .TLG configuration files
- You should reach the folder that contains your company file on the computer and search for those files bearing the exact name as that of your company file. These files should have .ND and .TLG as the file extension. E.g. ‘companew.qbw.nd’ and’companew.qbw.tlg’.
- Now proceed to perform right-click on each of these files and choose the ‘Rename’ option. At the end of each file’s name, you must type the word ‘.old’.
- Some of the relevant examples are: ‘companew.qbw.nd.old’ and ‘companew.qbw.tlg.old’.
- After saving the new name of these files, you can launch your QB desktop and log into the company file.
Also Read: Quickbooks error 6123
Technique 2: Eliminate the network problems in the QB application by executing the QB Database Server Manager tool
- You should strike the icon of your web browser to open it. Once it opens, head towards the Intuit website and download the QB Tool Hub on the system by tapping on the suitable link.
- Once you have completed the download of the QB Tool Hub, strike on the file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and finish its installation.
- At this point, you must launch the tool hub and hit the ‘Network Issues’ button.
- You should now identify and click on the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ tool and search for your company file.
- To begin the scan process, proceed to strike on the ‘Start Scan’ button. If you are unable to locate your company file, you can search for it using the ‘Browse’ option.
- Once the QB Database Server Manager tool has finished its scanning, you can open your company file.
Also See: Quickbooks error 9000
Technique 3: Make sure that the firewall software on your computer does not create hindrances for the QB application
- You should tap on the ‘Start’ button on the desktop and put the word ‘Windows Firewall’ in the space provided in the search box. Now identify the icon of the firewall program and strike on it.
- Now choose the ‘Advanced Settings’ option and proceed to hit the ‘Inbound Rules’ tab.
- Among the many options, you must choose the ‘New Rule’ tab and subsequently strike on the ‘Port’ button.
- Now you can tap on the ‘Next’ button and make sure that the ‘TCP’ checkbox is marked.
- You will now see a ‘specific local field’ box, and you must write the relevantnumber of the port of your QB.
- At this point, you must ensure that the ‘Allow the connection’ checkbox is marked and hit the ‘Next’ button. Provide a name to the rule, such as QBApplicationPorts (year).
- Finally, you can strike on the ‘Finish’ button and repeat the above process again by choosing the ‘Outbound Rules’ in the second step in place of the ‘Inbound Rules’.
You have now learned the exhaustive analysis of the QuickBooks Error 6010. The techniques explained in this blog are very effective in eradicating this error.
If you need further assistance, dial +1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Professionals Team.
Recommended to read: Quickbooks error 108