QuickBooks is a top-class accounting software coveted by small companies all over the world. Intuit pursues constant innovation in this software and releases new updates to the market regularly.
The QuickBooks Error 15106 is experienced by the users when they try to update the QB desktop to the latest available version. The major cause of this error is the blocking of the QB desktop updates by the antivirus software on the system. It is crucial to rectify this error at the earliest as it prevents you from using new features on the QB application.
If you desire to learn the most reliable techniques for resolving this error, simply go through this blog.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of QuickBooks Error 15106 is to consultwith a certified professional. Just dial +1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
What makes the QB Error Message 15106 appear on the screen?
The primary reasons behind the QB Error Message 15106 are explained below:
- To easily download QB Desktop updates, it is essential to log into the Windows and QB application with admin rights. If you have not done so, the QB Error 15106 can get triggered.
- The QB desktop updates can be blocked by the antivirus software on the computer at times. This happens when the antivirus software misinterprets the QB desktop updates as a threat to the system’s security.
Straightforward Techniques to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Error Code 15106
The QuickBooks Error Code 15106 can be effectively eliminated by implementing the following techniques:
Technique 1:Eradicate this error by making sure that you have logged into the Windows and the QB desktop as an admin user
- To execute this technique, you should first tap the ‘Start’ button on your desktop and strike on the ‘Control Panel’ button. The Control Panel will open in a separate window on your system.
- Now Identify and click on the ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ tab, and then proceed to hit the ‘User Accounts’ button on your screen.
- Afterwards, you should strike on the ‘Manage another account’ tab and write the correct admin user credentials in the specified field.
- Now that you have logged in as an admin user into the Windows, proceed to perform right-click on the QB icon to select the ‘Run as administrator’ option. Afterwards, you can proceed to update your QB application.
Also See: QuickBooks Error 6155
Technique 2: Eliminate this error by deactivating your antivirus software and renaming the QB update folder
- To disable the antivirus software on the computer, you should first open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the ‘Ctrl +Alt+Delete’ keys. Afterwards, you should identify and strike on the ‘Processes’ tab.
- In the ‘Processes’ tab, you should select the antivirus file (.exe file extension) and click on the ‘End Process’ button.
- For renaming the QB update folder, you should open the ‘File Explorer’ by striking the ‘Windows+E’ keys and move toward the QuickBooks folder in your C: drive.
- At this point, you should perform right-click on the ‘downloadqbXX’ folder and tap on the ‘Rename’ button. You can add ‘.oldfolder’ at the end of the folder’s name and proceed to download the QB desktop updates.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error PS038
Technique 3: Resolve this error by switching off the User Account Control (UAC) settings
- To switch off the UAC settings, you should first go to the ‘Control Panel’ by clicking on the ‘Start’ button. Afterwards, identify and strike on the ‘User Accounts’ button and then the ‘User Accounts (Classic View)’ tab.
- Now choose the ‘Change user account control settings’ option and thereafter adjust the slider to select the ‘Never Notify’ field.
- At this point, you should strike on the ‘OK’ button to switch off the UAC and restart your system.
This blog has given you profound knowledge of the QuickBooks Error 15106. You can permanently eliminate this error by implementing these techniques in a consecutive manner.
For more help and assistance, you can simply dial +1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.