Pet Care Industry Overview
The global pet care market size is expected to reach USD 232.14 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The year 2020 was not very promising for most industries, but it has been a boon to the pet care industries due to repeated lockdowns and the work from home culture, which led people to take better care of their pets. This has stipulated the demand for pet services and products a significant rise in the market.
Pet Care Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global pet care market based on pet type, type, and region:
Based on the Pet Type Insights, the market is segmented into Dog, Cat, Fish, Bird, Others.
- The dogs segment accounted for about 40% of the market share in 2021. Dogs are the most popular pets, followed by cats. Dogs are known to relieve anxiety, stress, and depression, as well as loneliness, promote cardiovascular health, and encourage exercise, all of which contribute to their popularity.
- Pet furniture is often preferred by people who live in flats and apartments and do not have a lawn or porch where their pets can live. This category is projected to boost market growth due to these factors.
- The cat pet type segment is projected to register a faster CAGR of 5.2% from 2022 to 2030.Cats are the preferred type of pet in nations with a high population density and cities with small residences, such as Indonesia and Malaysia, where cat ownership (47% and 34%, respectively) outnumbers dog ownership (10% and 20% respectively).
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Product, Services, Food.
- With a growing focus on climate change, more sustainably created and eco-friendly pet products will be released in the market throughout the projection period. The pet owners are becoming more aware of their companion animals' carbon "pawprint". Furthermore, about half of millennials and Generation Z prefer sustainable brands.
- The rising appeal of pet fashion among pet owners has a favorable impact on the industry and is likely to contribute to significant growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The pet care services segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030. Due to the corporatization of veterinary clinics, and the establishment of veterinary clinic chains that increase access to quality veterinary services, the veterinary clinics' segment maintained one of the greatest market shares in the pet care services category in 2021.
Pet Care Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is characterized by the presence of a few established players and new entrants. Companies have been expanding their product portfolios by incorporating new and innovative pet care products to widen their consumer base.
Some prominent players in the global pet care market include
- Ancol Pet Products Limited
- Blue Buffalo Co., Ltd.
- Champion Petfoods LP
- Hill`s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
- Mars, Incorporated
- Nestle Purina PetCare
- Petmate Holdings Co
- Saturn Petcare GmbH
- Tail Blazers
- The Hartz Mountain Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Pet Care Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519