QuickBooks isan extensive online accounting software used frequently by large and small-scale business companies to store and maintain their financial records safely in one place. Sometimes due to glitches in the application or windows, issues may arise which can hinder the smooth running experience of the QuickBooks application. One of which is QuickBooks Error 15222.
QuickBooks Error 15222 is a payroll error that gets triggered while working with the payroll feature, updating or maintaining the tax table. It can be a confusing and troublesome error. To understand it in detail and know what can be done to fix this error, follow this blog till the end. However, in case of any queries, you can contact our support team for assistance.
Possible Causes for the 15222 Payroll Error
The list of causes responsible to trigger the 15222 payroll error in QuickBooks is:
- Incompatible settings: Due to misconfiguration in the internet web browser settings, errors may arise.
- Incorrect date and time: Wrong date and time in the system can not only cause errors in the QuickBooks but can also create issues while working with other applications on the computer.
- Outdated QuickBooks application: An older version of QuickBooks will not be compatible with the Windows operating system and hence create various errors.
- Not logging in as Administrator: If you are not using the computer by logging in as an administrator, compatibility issues may occur.
- Anti-virus software: Anti-virus software installed on your device is preventing QuickBooks to access its program files, hence creating errors.
Fixing the Payroll Error in QuickBooks Software
It is essential to fix this error before it creates serious issues in the QuickBooks software. You can do so by approaching these methods step-by-step:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file. Agree to the license agreements, terms and conditions, and ‘Confirm.’
- Choose a destination folder to save the Tool Hub. Now install the application andlaunch the application before beginning to use it.
- Now open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and go to the Programs Problem tab and choose to Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose the ‘Repair the existing QuickBooks version’ option and click on ‘Next’ After completion, open the QuickBooks application to check if it is still affected by the 15222 error.
Also See: Quickbooks error 6190 77
Solution 2: Choose the Default Internet Browser
- To set Internet Explorer as the default web browser, open Internet Explorer and choose ‘Internet Options’ from the ‘Tools’ section.
- Under the ‘Programs tab’ select the ‘Make Default’ option and click on OK.
QuickBooks Error 15222 is quite uncommon and hence it can be troublesome and challenging to fix. In this blog, we have tried to discuss this error in detail. We hope that the methods explained above will help you eradicate the payroll error completely. In spite of this, if you have any issues regarding QuickBooks, you can dial +1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
You may also read This Post: Quickbooks error ol 233