QuickBooks is a feature-rich online application widely used in the accounting world. It provides users with a variety of features to facilitate high-volume financial work. Like any online application, QuickBooks isn’t perfect. Some errors may occur due to coding gaps. Let’s discuss one such error, QuickBooks error 6155.
QuickBooks error 6155 usually occurs when users try to open company files. The error message is displayed on the screen as “Error -6155, An erroroccurred accessing company files.” If you are facing the same type of issue, read this article to the end to learn more about the causes and solutions. However, if you have any questions about QuickBooks, please contact our support team.
Reasons for the Error 6155 in QuickBooks
The error 6155 in QuickBooks can occur for several reasons. Some of them are listed below.
- Incomplete Installation: Improper or incomplete installation of the QuickBooks application on Windows or Mac can lead to errors.
- Corrupted company files: Company files may be corrupted or corrupted, causing errors when trying to access them.
- Malware Infection: Virus or malware infection in your Windows system can slow down Windows and cause errors while working with other applications.
- Incompatible Settings: The company file you are trying to access is set to read-only. 5. Outdated QuickBooks: Older versions of his QuickBooks application are slow and error-prone.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Symptoms of the Error 6155 in QuickBooks
Some users might not receive any error message regarding error 6155 in QuickBooks. They can look out for these signs on their QuickBooks Desktop to confirm their presence.
- Unable to access the company file even after multiple attempts.
- The QuickBooks application might become inaccessible in the later stage.
- The QuickBooks Desktop becomes unresponsive after numerous failed attempts to access the company file.
Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6155
It is important to fix the QuickBooks Desktop error 6155 before it causes a bigger problem, such as deleting important files from your QuickBooks Desktop. You can try out these methods.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6176
Method 1: Change the Settings of the QuickBooks Application
- Open the QuickBooks installation directory, right-click the company file, and select Properties.
- Unchecked the “Read Only” box. Apply and save your changes.
Method 2: Refresh the QuickBooks Desktop
- Right-click the QuickBooks desktop and select Run as administrator. Enter your credentials when prompted and press Enter. An update window opens.
- Click Update Now and go to Get Updates. Download the latest updates. • Installing updates QuickBooks.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6175
Method 3: Use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub installer file to your computer, double-click the downloaded file, and follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- Run Tools Hub, go to the Installation Issues tab and select the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool. Automatically scans for and fixes errors. It takes about 25-30 minutes, depending on your computer’s performance.
- Restart your computer after the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool completes.
We have put together all the important information about the QuickBooks Error 6155. We hope that the methods described above will help you solve this problem. If you still need help, you can call 1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
Also see: QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6189