Ferroalloys Industry Overview
The global ferroalloys market size was valued at USD 42.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% from 2021 to 2028.
Incessant production of steel around the world is projected to benefit market growth. Ferroalloys are a group of materials consisting of iron and different alloying elements which are normally used for the production of steel. Ferroalloys are used in steelmaking to improve the specific properties of steel products. The properties such as fatigue strength, tensile strength, corrosion resistance, and ductility are improved through the addition of ferroalloys.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Ferroalloys market
The U.S. market for ferroalloys is supported by the expansion of the steel sector in the country. For instance, in September 2021, United States Steel Corporation has announced an investment of USD 3.0 billion for the construction of a mini-mill for flat steel production. The mill is likely to have 2 modern electric arc furnaces and is likely to produce sustainable steel solutions such as Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS).
Similarly, Nucor Steel has started constructing a steel plant in Brandenburg, Kentucky. This boom in the U.S. steel industry is mainly benefited by steel tariffs imposed by Trump Administration. In 2018, the Trump government imposed steel tariffs under section 232 of U.S. trade law. The government is focused to improve steel supply for industries such as infrastructure, armaments, and advanced military equipment.
In the recent past, steel companies have started investing in the country to explore the opportunities in the country. Companies like Ak Steel, CMC, Steel Dynamics, and Cleveland-Cliffs have invested huge amounts in 16 major projects across the nation. Most of the projects will use the electric arc furnace method to produce the steel. Thus, the expansion of the steel industry in the U.S. is likely to attract significant steel demand over the coming years.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Microencapsulation Market – The global microencapsulation market size was valued at USD 10.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% during the forecast period.
- Geosynthetics Market – The global geosynthetics market size was valued at USD 13.80 billion in 2021 and is expected to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% from 2022 to 2030.
Ferroalloys Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global ferroalloys market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Ferroalloys Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Ferro Silico Manganese
- Ferroalloys Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Carbon & Low Alloy steel
- Stainless Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Cast Iron
- Ferroalloys Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights:
- April 2021: Tata Steel Mining (TSML) has confirmed its plans to double its ferrochrome capacity to 9 lakh tons per annum in India. TSML has already become the largest chrome ore mining company in India after the acquisition of Karmada, Saruabli, and Sukinda mines.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global Ferroalloys market include
- Jindal Group
- Samancore Chrome
- Shanghai Shenjia Ferroalloys Co. Ltd
- Ferro Alloys Corporation Limited.
- S.C. Feral S.R.L
- China Minmetals
- Tata Steel Limited
- Arcelor Mittal
Order a free sample PDF of the Ferroalloys Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519