The users get very annoyed when they fail to open their QuickBooks company file due to the large file size. Well, you don’t have to worry anymore. We understand how crucial the QuickBooks company file is as it contains all the essential details of your company and the employees. However, the company files that are 5-10 years older may take enormous space, due to which users might take more than access the file. Therefore, to keep your data from being damaged, Intuit has recently developed QuickBooks Condense Data Utility, using which you can easily shrink the file size. You can go through this entire post if you want to get the step-by-step instructions to utilize this tool.
If you are new to QuickBooks, the steps to condense the file may seem complicated or tricky. If that’s the case, you shouldn’t try these steps because they might cause new problems. As a result, we’ve included detailed instructions for using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility in this post. If you are still having difficulty with any of these steps, please contact our experts.
Facts you Must Know before Using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility
While the QuickBooks enterprise compressed data application is beneficial, it does cause a permanent change in your company file. As a result, you must know the following points as listed below: –
It might be difficult for the users to return to the original company file after using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility. If you are accessing the currently launched QBDT and don’t want to condense your file, we don’t suggest you use this application. Instead, many companies use this feature when the company file size increases and creates issues while running.
- It’s feasible that the size of your file will not change:-
It is common practice to use the QuickBooks desktop compress data tool to reduce the size of the corporate file. In other cases, the file size may remain unchanged. The application typically removes transaction data and lists items to reduce file size. Furthermore, there will be no significant impact if your data is full of inventory items or open transactions.
Steps to be performed To Utilize QuickBooks Condense Data Utility In QuickBooks 2019
The new functionality of Condense Data Utility allows you to remove the audit trail, reducing file size while retaining all detailed transactions. The best part is that it is much faster than using the standard Condense file. In addition, to reduce the file size in the QuickBooks 2019 edition, follow the steps outlined below.
- To initiate the process, navigate to the File menu, click Utilities, and then opt for Condense Data from the drop-down menu.
- Afterwards, mark the checkbox next to the “Keep all transactions, but remove audit trail information up to date.The size of your file will be decreased by up to 40% (18 MB). “
- Soon after that, hit the Next button, and a notice indicating “Working on your file now will appear” immediately pops up on your screen.
- Following that, a final window appears informing you of the total size reduction of your firm’s file. It will also show the location of your backup file, which was created before your file was compressed.
Through this post, we assure you that you can easily reduce the file size of your company file via QuickBooks Condense Data Utility. However, if you still have any doubts in your mind, you can talk to our experts. Our experts will clear your doubts by providing you with the best assistance required.