The QuickBooks errors are segregated based on the issues they put forward. The QuickBooks 6000 series errors are mostly bound to the inaccessibility of the company file. Even the QuickBooks error 6000 77 is a frequently reported issue that does not let the users access the company file. There are many reasons why this error occurs, which we will learn from in this blog. In addition to that, we have also mentioned some elaborated resolutions for this error.
Evaluating and executing troubleshooting may be complex and require a lot of your time and effort. To save yourself from all the struggles, you can contact the QuickBooks troubleshooting team at ‘1-855-856-0042.,
Causes for the QuickBooks error 6000 77
There are some fundamental aspects that we need to go through before proceeding with the troubleshooting, which is given below.
- This error is seen chiefly when the company file is not stored in local storage; instead, it is situated in an external storage device.
- There are numerous files accessed through the mapped drive of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks is not in a multi-user mode, and many users are trying to access the same company file.
- The folder in which you have saved the company file does not have sufficient permissions.
- The security configuration of the antivirus or other 3rd party software is blocking the pathway to the company file.
This could be some possible justifications for the error.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6130
Solutions for the QuickBooks error 6000 77
We have mentioned down below three practical approaches for this issue. The users must run the QuickBooks in admin mode before they start troubleshooting. Employ a suitable solution and restart the system after doing so.
Solution 1: Create a New folder
- Go to the C drive and create a new folder.
- Open the folder that has the company file stored in it.
- Locate the file with the “.qbw” Extension and right-click on it.
- Select “Copy” And then go to the newly created folder.
- Paste the copied file in the new folder, followed by creating an ’access’ through the Windows Permissions.
- Try accessing the company file through the new folder location.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6073
Solution 2: Install and Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- From the official website of ‘Intuit,’ You can download the QuickBooks file doctor.
- This tool can automatically terminate technical glitches after evaluating the issues.
- Allow the tool to do so, then restart your system and try accessing the company file.
Solution 3: Rename.ND and .TLG files:
- Move to the folder where the company file has been stored.
- Search for the ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ Files and right-click on them.
- Select the name and add the extension ‘.old’ at the end of it.
- Save the changes and restart the system, then open the company file.
QuickBooks error 6000 77 would be terminated after you’ve implied either of the solutions. If you are still facing any technical difficulties or the error persists, you must immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks authorized technicians at ‘1-855-856-0042
You might also like: QuickBooks Error 15102