Cell Culture Industry Data Book Covers Cell Culture, Cell Culture Media, 3D Cell Culture, Primary Cell Culture Markets.
Cell Culture Market Report Highlights
The global cell culture market size was valued at USD 21.05 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 60.27 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 11.9% from 2022 to 2030.
- By consumable, the media segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 50.0% in 2021 due to the availability of a variety of serum- and animal component-free and customized media alternatives, which has increased the market penetration for media products
- Based on product, culture systems held the largest revenue share of over 25.0% in 2021. This can be attributed to the technological advancements in automated systems for research & development applications
- The biopharmaceuticals application segment dominated the market in 2021 with a revenue share of over 25.0% due to the involvement of mammalian lines, such as the Chinese hamster ovary, in the manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals and the rising demand for non-conventional drugs
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2021 due to high research and development investments, the presence of a well-established scientific infrastructure, significant demand for animal component-free media, and other factors
- The Asia Pacific region is estimated to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period due to the growing healthcare expenditure, rising awareness regarding regenerative therapies, and a large potential for clinical research applications
Cell Culture Media Market Report Highlights
The global cell culture media market size was valued at USD 4,075 million in 2022, and it is expected to reach USD 10,186.6 million by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12.23% from 2023 to 2030.
- By product, the serum-free media segment held the largest revenue share of the market. This is attributed to the increasing gene and cell therapy research along with advantages offered by SFM, which in turn is likely to increase the adoption and anticipate market growth
- The biopharmaceutical production segment is expected to grow lucratively over the forecast period. Strategic activities by key biopharmaceutical companies, increasing R&D, demand for more reproducible and better-defined media and growing biosimilars market drives the segment growth
- By type, the liquid media segment held the largest revenue share of the market in 2022. This is attributed to increasing number of biopharmaceutical manufacturers, both downstream and upstream, are switching from premixed powders to liquid media and hence, propelling market growth
- By end-user, the pharma and biopharma companies segment held a larger share in 2022, owing to the expansion of the current manufacturing capacities coupled with increasing prevalence of chronic disease which in turn demands for novel therapeutic drugs
- North America dominated the market in 2022 due to the growth in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, presence of high R&D investment, and the development of novel culture media products in the region
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to grow considerably in the future owing to the flourishing biosimilar medicine industry along with increasing investments by major market players to increase their presence in the region
Access the Global Cell Culture Industry Data Book, 2022 to 2030, compiled with details like market sizing information & forecasts, trade data, pricing intelligence, competition benchmarking, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies
3D Cell Culture Market Report Highlights
The global 3D cell culture market size was valued at USD 1.74 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 3.48 billion by 2028 registering a CAGR of 10.74% CAGR (2022-2030).
- The scaffold-based technology segment is anticipated to register a lucrative year-on-year growth owing to rising demand for 3D model-based research coupled with an increased incidence of chronic diseases
- Moreover, the introduction of novel tools and techniques is anticipated to boost revenue generation in the scaffold-based technology segment
- Furthermore, companies, such as Tecan and Sigma-Aldrich, offer scaffold-based 3D solutions; which are readily adopted by the end users
- Cancer was the largest application segment of the market in 2020. This is because 3D cultures efficiently replicate the associated influences and complexity of in vivo tumor microenvironment including the impact of extracellular matrix and cell-to-cell contact
- Cells in 3-dimensional cultures help in the analysis of behavior and properties of the tumor, protein distribution, gene expression, and monitor response to anticancer therapies
- Potential scientific and clinical impacts of the 3D-cultivation approach for embryonic, adult, and cancer stem cells are estimated to boost the growth of the stem cell research segment
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations accounted for the largest share in 2020 owing to a rise in the adoption of 3D cell culture techniques in tissue engineering and drug discovery
- Combination of 3D cell culture techniques with Human-induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (HiPSCs) has been successfully used for the development and discovery of drugs for liver diseases
- North America led the market in 2020 owing to extensive usage of 3D cell culture models for medical research purposes
- In April 2020, a team of researchers from the University of Pittsburgh used Multicellular Tumor Spheroids (MCTSs) to assess drug responses in drug screening studies for oncology
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 due to rising investments by North American and European companies in APAC regional market
- The key market players focus on geographical expansions, partnerships, collaborations, acquisitions, and novel product launches to reinforce their market presence
- For instance, in December 2020, Curiteva, Inc. acquired FossiLabs, LLC. The latter has developed a process to fabricate scaffolding structures that promote osseointegration
Primary Cell Culture Market Report Highlights
The global primary cell culture market size was valued at USD 3.79 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 8.0 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.66% CAGR (2022-2030).
- The reagents and supplements segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to their growing application for maintaining primary cell viability
- The primary cells segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period owing to the increasing research initiatives for cancer and rare diseases
- The enzymatic degradation segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 due to the advantage of obtaining a high cellular yield through enzymatic disaggregation
- The mechanical separation segment is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to its large adoption as it’s an inexpensive, quick, and easy method for disaggregation of cellular entities
- The animal cells segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to rising applications for vaccine development
- The human cells segment is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period as they are extensively used for preclinical and clinical analyses in cancer research
- The vaccine production segment dominated the market in 2020 owing to the rising focus on the development of new vaccines targeting new infections such as COVID-19
- The stem cell therapy segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the growing number of studies for designing therapies for genetic disorders
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2020. The growth of the market in this region is owing to intensive research for the development of new therapies
- Companies operating in the market are launching new products for primary cell cultures. For instance, in January 2021, Lonza launched customizable and high-quality cryopreserved Leukopaks. It is a product derived from enriched leukapheresis, which contains high concentrations of peripheral blood mononuclear such as B and T cells, and monocytes
Order your copy of the Free Sample of “Cell Culture Industry Data Book – Cell Culture, Cell Culture Media, 3D Cell Culture, Primary Cell Culture Market Size, Share, Trends Analysis, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” Data Book, published by Grand View Research
Key players operating in the cell culture industry are –
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Sartorius AG
- Eppendorf AG
- Merck KGaA
- Dickinson and Company
- PromoCell GmbH
- Lonza Group AG
Grand View Research’s Cell Culture Industry databook is a collection of market sizing & forecasts insights, market dynamics & trends, opportunity assessment, regulatory & technology framework, pricing intelligence, competitive benchmarking analyses, macro-environmental analyses studies. Within the purview of the databook, such information is systematically analyzed and provided in the form of summary presentations and detailed outlook reports on individual areas of research.
Go through the table of content of Cell Culture Industry Data Book to get a better understanding of the Coverage & Scope of the study
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Micro Markets