QuickBooks error 6094 is associated with a security program that restricts users from opening the program. The user receives the error followed by a message, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0).” The error usually takes place when anti-virus applications quarantine some QuickBooks-related files. Move to the further sections of the blog to learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions that will help you get rid of QuickBooks Desktop error 6094.
Stuck with QuickBooks error 6094? Don’t panic. Give a call on our toll-free number (TFN) and connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for guidance by calling us on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042
What are the root causes of error 6094 in QuickBooks?
Here is the list of possible causes that trigger the error:
- Some crucial QuickBooks files are quarantined by anti-virus and security applications.
- Security applications create restrictions for QuickBooks and stop it from connecting to the server.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6189
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Enterprise error 6094
Solution 1. Check PC Tools Internet Security to remove QuickBooks from exceptions
- First of all, restore infections that have been . To do so, go to the Settings menu and choose Quarantine.
- Choose the necessary items to restore, select Restore and click Yes.
- Now, set up an exception for QuickBooks. Locate the PC Tools Internet Security menu and click the Settings option.
- Choose Global Action List, then Add and pick the files to be excluded from scanning.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6175
Solution 2. Check AVG Anti-Virus and prevent QuickBooks from being scanned
- Quit the QuickBooks Desktop application, open AVG Anti-Virus User Interface, and double-click Resident Shield.
- Click Manage Exceptions, select Add Path and add the path C:\Program Files\Intuit.
- Click the OK button and Save Changes.
- Now, check QuickBooks files that are quarantined. Open AVG Anti-Virus User Interface.
- Click History, Virus Vault and look for any QuickBooks files that are quarantined.
- Choose the necessary files, click Restore and close the window.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and next check for renamed files in the installation Directory.
- Close the QuickBooks program, open the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks folder and look for files the install directory that are renamed.
- Change the name of back to the original name and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 6177
Solution 3. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and put Quick Fix my Program to use to repair QuickBooks
- Once all the company files are closed, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and open Intuit’s website on your browser.
- Download the setup file of the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it to the Downloads folder for easy access.
- Open the Downloads folder, open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to successfully install the tool hub on your workstation.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose the Program Problems tab and select Quick Fix my Program.
This blog has covered all the information related to QuickBooks error 6094. There are possibilities that the solutions discussed above will help you rectify the issue. If you are still stuck with the same, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number 1-855-856-0042 for direct assistance.
You may also like: QuickBooks Script Error