QuickBooks error 50004 usually appears during the activation of Direct Deposit. The error mainly occurs when the user is not signed in as an administrator while activating direct deposits. Some other reasons are damaged company files and incorrect pay checks. Filling wrong details in the form is also a reason behind it. Through this advisory blog, we tried to educate you on QuickBooks Desktop error 50004, so stay connected and read carefully until the end.
Do you require instant resolution for QuickBooks error 50004? We are here to assist you. Give a call on our toll-free number (1-855-856-0042) and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals to get direct consultation
Most Reliable Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks error code 50004
Solution 1. Create a paycheck manually to fix error 50004
- In QuickBooks, move to the Employees menu and click Pay Employees.
- From the check types, choose Scheduled Payroll, Unscheduled Payroll or Termination Check.
- Go to the Create Paychecks section, select the appropriate schedule and click Start schedule Payroll.
- Check the Pay Period Ends date, Check the date, Bank Account from where the money is drawn from.
- Next, click Open paycheck Detail to view everyone’s paycheck details and click Save & Next.
- If you want to go back to the Enter Payroll Information window, click Save & Close.
- Once the check are ready to be created, click Continue and check the Check/Direct Deposit printing options.
- Check the amounts for each employee, click Create Paychecks and then print paychecks and pay stubs.
Recommended to read: All You Need to Know About QuickBooks Network Connection Error
Solution 2. Download the latest release of the QuickBooks version you are using
- If you want to download QuickBooks update on Windows:
- In QuickBooks, choose the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Click the Update Now button, then Get Updates and wait till the update file downloads.
- Reopen QuickBooks, click Yes to accept the prompt and finish the installation.
- If you want to download QuickBooks update on Mac:
In QuickBooks, move to the Help menu, click Check for QuickBooks Updates, then the Install and Relaunch button.
Solution 3. Get the latest payroll tax table for QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks, close the Employees menu and select Get Payroll Updates.
- Click to mark the Download Entire Update checkbox and click the Download Latest Update option.
- You will be notified with an information window when the download completes.
Solution 4. Make use of the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility Tool to fix error 50004
- In QuickBooks, select the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Click the Verify Data button and let the diagnosis complete.
- If there are some data issues, rebuild the company file. Go to the File menu again and choose Utilities.
- Click the Rebuild Data button to repair the data and select OK.
We are now concluding our blog on QuickBooks error 50004 hoping that the troubleshooting solutions we discussed will help you remove the problem permanently. If you are not able to resolve the error and it persists, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number (1-855-856-0042).
Also read this blog: QuickBooks Error 6000 301: Reliable and Easy Solutions Are Here